This CAM allows your current digital receiver or IDTV to accept Conax smartcards for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 broadcasts.
With improvements in compression technology, digital satellite & terrestrial broadcasters are now choosing the MPEG-4 standard to deliver their services. Many have already done so, and many more will join them in the coming year.
The advantages of MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 mean the broadcaster can deliver more channels, with better quality to their customers. With the MPEG-4 CAM, you can use your existing MPEG-2 receiver or IDTV to take advantage of these new & exciting services.
- Compatible with Conax MPEG-4/2
- Straight compatibility with MPEG-2 opened receivers (DVB-CI)
- Complete MPEG-4 decoder (AVC H264 Standard)
- Facilitates MPEG-4 broadcast
- Opens up DVD Home Cinema Quality
- Enables real VOD over IP